Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Thursday night some of my girlfriends and I went to the Kate Voegele concert @ Irving plaza. I had such a good time; she sounded excellent live, her voice is beautiful, really strong. The icing on the cake was getting to go to the meet and greet after the show!! We got this fabulous privilege by being one of the first thirty people to purchase a t-shirt (which is super cute BTW). Sooo i got to say hello and take a pic with her!! She is gorgeous; her outfit was awesome and she was fricken tiny ( skinny tiny not short tiny). Best of all she was supersweet and seemed like a genuinely nice girl. I was a tad bit nervous and all i could think of to say was " I love all your songs!" Incredibly original right? ha
If you wanna check her out heres the link to her myspace page
I'll post some pics a bit later (one of em is sure to make you laugh)
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Got this from http://mindofamadwoman.blogspot.com/ and found it quite interesting...
* If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
*If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Bristol, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor,spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters,
all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
* If you teach children about sexual predators, you are irresponsible and eroding the fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends uppregnant, you're very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up toraise a family, your
family's values don't represent America's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that hates America and advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.OK, much clearer now.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I have a shopping problem; I'm pretty sure I am not alone in this. I tell myself I'm done buying for awhile and then I'm innocently browsing through a store and articles of clothing literally jump off the racks and into my hands.Once one item has made the jump many others think it's safe to follow suit. Then a sneaky little invisible force shoves me in a dressing room, tears off my clothes and stuffs me into said articles. I can't help but glance in the mirror, after this there is no turning back. I take full responsibility for marching to the register and whipping out my debit card; everything that occurred prior to this was completely out of my hands. I really don't stand a chance against the ferocious jumping clothing and the dressing room ghosts. Has anyone else encountered these mysterious forces?
Online shopping has also become an issue, etsy is like a drug! I've also recently ordered some cds and books from amazon and cd baby. Someone help me...... Shouldn't i be concerned about the "recession"??
Soon my "piggy bank" will start complaining
Thursday, September 18, 2008
"True Friendship is when silence between two people is completely comfortable"
*I have no idea who the author of this quote is, but it's been a favorite of mine for years <3
Here is a pic of two of my cats, Rocky and Gizmo ( you may remember Gizmo as the incestuous homosexual).
As you can see, Rocky is very forgiving and still loves his brother. How freakin cute are they?
Exactly two weeks from today i will finally be able to hug my boyfriend. He has been away at boot camp since July 21st. I CAN NOT WAIT! I'm going down to South Carolina for the graduation and i am already bouncy w/ excitement. Two months is quite a long time to go without being able to see your significant other.It's also quite a long time to go without other things if you catch my drift ;) You can imagine how much i am looking foward to that as well!
The process of us getting together was long and complicated but all i can say is he make's me the happiest I've ever been, EVER.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Last weekend i went to a little party @ my neighbor's sister's supercute new apt in the city. Lots of fun was had especially by me......... The following picture was taken @ appoximately 11:3o pm after only 2 drinks.
When did i become such a party pooper?? Im only 24..... i seriously fear for old age!
Here's one of Jenn & I while i was still awake and enjoying the party...
P.S my outfit that night rocked and was totally city appropriate, the pics do not do it justice <3
Friday, September 12, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Don't ask questions. Just check out this video, i really hope it amuses you as much as it did me :)
* i would have posted it directly on this page but..... apparently im not savvy enough to do so, if you'ed like to enlighten me i would greatly appreciate it!
I Could Cry but I Don't Have Time
A woman voting for John McCain is a like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.
– Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood
I like it.... What do you think?
Monday, September 1, 2008
i want someone to tell me that MY fanny is uncanny.... hehehehee
The young girl in the movie is played by someone named "AnnaSophia". Isn't that a pretty name?? If i ever have a daughter thats what im naming her. You better believe her fanny will be uncanny, just like her mothers ;)