Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Enjoy Quiet

I have issues.

Said issues are with little tiny noises most people might not even notice.

I notice.

In this morning's class i had a girl next to me who sniffled and texted the ENTIRE class. I was trying hard to concentrate on reviewing for my midterm, but really all i could think of was how i wanted to toss her cell phone out the door and hand her a tissue... harsh huh??

sniffle sniffle clickclickclickclickclickclickclick sniffle click sniffle sniffle clickclick
AHHHHHH!!!
*God help me if this girl sits next to me during the test and pulls this crap again.... i really don't think i can be held responsible for my actions!!
Please excuse my rant & feel free to tell me what irk's you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally sympathize with you about the sniffling-that has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. My friend and I actually kept a tally going of how many times a girl behind us in class sniffled. It seems a little silly now but our tally marks took up the entire margin of our notes! Good luck with your midterm :)

Desirée said...

LOL. You are too funny. I def. notice stuff like that too though. I also know when I have a bad cold or cough to try to avoid people all together bc I feel like a mess when I have to be sick in front of people!

Busy Bee Suz said...

too funny, annoying, but funny.
I also love peace and quiet. But that is sometimes hard to come by.

My biggest irk is when people talk with food in their mouth. really, it makes me nuts.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely climb the walls when people "snap" their gum or chew it loudly with their mouth open. It drives me insane. No, REALLY IT DOES!!!!!!!

Wanderlusting said...

I hear ya!

My neighbour upstairs, my GOD! He stomps around in heavy shoes on the hardwood and we can hear him so clearly, and it's through concrete! Like he literally STOMPS and then it sounds like he is bowling or bouncing a basketball or something.

Well after numerous letters over the years, I finally threatened him. He told me to move - unaware that I OWN my apartment and he's only a tenant so perhaps he better smarten up before I take it to council and talk to his landlord.

It worked! I hate threatening people (though I am adept at writing nasty letters) but he is so much quieter now.

I just can't stand any random loud noises - especially so when I am sleeping. I often sleep with the fan on just to difuse the sounds!