Tuesday, September 7, 2010

happiness exists wherever you wish to find it


Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants.



Photobucket

Sometimes, I feel like I can completely relate to this woman ;)

Having & spending money is fun; but it's so easy (for me) to go a little overboard.

The initial rush of a purchase only lasts a few minutes (or, maaaybee a few hours).

But....this weekend made me realize that time spent with family and good friends is worth so much more than any little item I think I "need".

What makes you (MUCH) happier than shopping??

9 comments:

Noodles and Waffles said...

Chocolate comes to mind. I'm pretty happy eating chocolate while shopping.

Oh, My Darling said...

Ah, very true. I started entering giveaways in the springtime when I was buying too much. It worked fantastically -- I'm channeling time spent shopping or browsing into entering giveaways, and I keep getting fun little things like accessories for free as a result!

Diana Mieczan said...

Family time is the best and no money can buy the fantastic feeling of family fun!
I so agree with your post:)
Kisses

Valerie said...

So true, Gina! Family and friends are much more fun to me than shopping/spending money. So are quiet nights at home with my husband, yoga, long runs, and reading a great book at the beach. Glad you had a great weekend!

xo
Valerie

michelle_ said...

grea post !!
i guess friends and family and my dog are the first thing that make me happy :) second would be shopping.. and third, getting a good shot of something :)

many thanks for the comments as always ..
glistersandblisters dot com

the chirpy bird said...

Agreed! When my boyfriend does his crazy James Brown impersonation or my girlfriends and I over a bottle {or two} of wine!
xo tash

paddle to shore said...

Making food, spending time with loved ones without having to spend a dime... that kind of stuff is so much more fun than just spending money. I'm kind of becoming one of those people who really doesn't care for materialist "things"

k said...

I don't know...shopping makes me pretty darn happy...but you're right. I have been meaning to get the perfect pair of nude colored shoes all summer long but I never got around to it - and now I don't even really want them anymore. so that worked out well and proved that if i just wait for things, something better will come along and maybe that will stop me from spending money on clothes so much!

Stacey said...

Spending time with the family is invaluable. Well said:-). xx