Thursday, September 23, 2010

you don't need a thing

Lately I have been deleting certain emails as soon as they arrive in my inbox.
I don't even open them.
I don't want to do this, but i must.
It is for my own good.

Gilt.... DELETE

Banana Republic.... Delete

Urban Outfitters... delete

Anthropologie.......... delete while closing my eyes and using the utmost self control!

Zappo's deleeeeeete (i have plenty of shoes)

The list goes on.

Maybe i should unsubscribe from them, then i won't even be tempted to take a peek.

Buuuuut, what if i miss a REALLY good sale?

I've decided that it's not a real good sale if it's an item that i don't need.

And let's face it....... i don't need a thing.

11 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I'm so with you lady!

k said...

word! uh....coming from me who spent all day drooling over top shop things. sigh.

Stacey said...

OMG-Gina, i've been doing the same thing! I am actually planning on going through my closet to see if i can recreate some of these looks that i've been drooling over with what i already have. xx

Diana Mieczan said...

OHHH...I so agree...if you dont need it its always better not to buy it...but its so hard ...right?....There are so many amazing stuff out there:)
Kisses,darling

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so funny...I admire your self control!

Valerie said...

I love this post! I'm doing the same thing, but I can't bring myself to unsubscribe. But so far, so good. I'm still on the wagon.

xo
Valerie

BusyB said...

That is a good point....what if you MISS the GOOD DEal?? I do the same...although i get too tempted reading blogs too! lol!

My Owl Barn said...

I am with you on this one. If you don't need it don't buy it. But then it's so hard to resist. Isn't it?

Unknown said...

I do the same thing! IF I need it I'll find it:-)

becca said...

Good thinking, Gina!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! i am so easily tempted and I just know that if I see something, I will make a mental note of it, even if I want to forget it... and it will bug me forever. Ugh!